Love him or hate him, Kanye West and his PR machine are hard to escape. The rapper turned fashion designer turned Kim’s part-time stylist with an ego the size of Greenland (the world’s biggest island, y’all) loves to delight with outrageous actions, statements and, you know, a few casual publicity stunts here and there. But no one knows better than Kanye himself that he is superior to all of us – a superhuman sent to earth to save us all from mediocrity and lives without flesh-coloured bodysuits. And if you still don’t believe that Kanye West is better than you, here are 20 quotes by the man himself that will prove you wrong.
1. “I hate when I’m on a flight and I wake up with a water bottle next to me like oh great now I gotta be responsible for this water bottle.”
2. “I am the number one human being in music. That means any person that’s living or breathing is number two.”
3. “I have millions of ideas and I represent a new generation just trying to express themselves in a broken world. I don’t call myself a designer as I was not allowed to go to Saint Martins because I was too famous by the time I realized I wanted to design. Fame is often looked down upon in the design world, so it’s actually been something I had to overcome.” Being famous is a tough one….
4. “I am God’s vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live.”
5. “Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed. I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph. I am a proud non-reader of books.”
6. “I am so credible and so influential and so relevant that I will change things.”
7. “The media crucify me like they did Christ.
8. “I don’t even listen to rap. My apartment is too nice to listen to rap in.”
9. “Sometimes I get emotional over fonts.”
10. “My goal, if I was going to do art, fine art, would have been to become Picasso or greater… That always sounds so funny to people, comparing yourself to someone who has done so much, and that’s a mentality that suppresses humanity…”
11. “Just imagine if I woke up one day and I was wack. What would I do then?”
12. “One of the problems with being a bubbling source of creativity – it’s like I’m bubbling in a laboratory, and if you don’t put a cap on it, at one point it will, like, break the glass. If I can hone that… then I have, like, nuclear power, like a superhero, like Cyclops when he puts his glasses on.”
13. “Man… Whatever happened to my antique fish tank?”
14. “I think what Kanye West is going to mean is something similar to what Steve Jobs means. I am undoubtedly, you know, Steve of internet, downtown, fashion, culture. Period. By a long jump. I honestly feel that because Steve has passed, you know, it’s like when Biggie passed and Jay-Z was allowed to become Jay-Z.”
15. “Kate Upton ain’t Marilyn Monroe, Kim is Marilyn Monroe, you know that.”
16. “I feel like the type of girl I would be with is a fellow superhero.”
17. “Look at the drive that people have to get sex – to dress like this and get a haircut and be in the club in the freezing cold at 3 A.M., the place
they go to pick up a girl. If you can focus the energy into something valuable, put that into work ethic …” (I have to agree with Kanye on this one)
18. “As a man I am flawed, but my music is perfect.”
19. “Look at Gaga. She’s the creative director of Polaroid. I like some of the Gaga songs. What the f*** does she know about cameras?”
20. “Respect my trendsetting abilities. Once that happens, everyone wins.”