So, boyfriend and I recently got engaged. By ‘recently’ I mean May and by ‘engaged’ I mean the Eiffel Tower, midnight, Paris, and a ring that once belonged to his great, great grandmother. Need I say more?
We didn’t really get into wedding planning straight away, it took us a good four months to start organising our big day but since then, it’s been an experience to say the least. I have encountered things and thought thoughts I never thought I would. So here is my top 10 list of things that have gone through my head since the engagement.
- OMG, OMG, OMG!!!
- How is cake this expensive? I wonder if anyone would notice if I baked it myself? (The answer is, yes, they totally would.)
- I am so going to find a way to wear this wedding dress again. Halloween 2024, someone’s Christening, a cocktail party, grocery shopping in a foreign country, I’ll find a way.
- How long would it take for my grandma to come over to Australia on a cruise ship? (Two months each way, my 96 year old grandmother would have to spend a total of four months at sea, I have a feeling she won’t be up for that.)
- I have to cut the bridesmaid number down or I won’t have any guests.
- Can I force people to wear cocktail dresses, gowns and black tie to a lunch wedding? (I sure can!)
- Boyfriend (fiance) knows more about flowers than I do.
- If I hire a boat for the wedding, will everyone get sea sick?
- Could I get a sausage dog to bring our rings down the aisle – or what about a koala, now that would be something!
- Bachelor parties are stupid.
What do you think, future brides, any crazy thoughts you’d like to share with us?